First Team Vs Lordswood (KST1)

Date 19 October 2019
Team First Team
Opposition Lordswood (KST1)
Fixture Home
Venue Park View Road
Start time 15:00
Result L 0 - 6
Time played Normal time
Match Report

20 October 2019

Kent Senior Trophy 1st round


Erith and Belvedere          0

Lordswood                          6          Jackson 12, Ogeah 19, Jones og 33, Medley 69, 76, 84




It was another awful day at the office for Deres on a gloomy Sunday, the only consolation being that they’d saved their worst performance of the season for a relatively minor cup.  But by the end of the afternoon they’d conceded three goals in three consecutive halves of football – and had an embarrassing sending off.


Deres welcomed back two old boys with previous spells at the club, Joseph Ogunbiyi and Francisco Etame-Mbela, while three of the Lordswood team were ex-Deres – Rilwan Anibaba, Jamie Taylor and Felix Ogeah.


After a quiet opening Reggie Yembra had the first chance of the game in the 10th minute, an ambitious shot that went high and wide.  Two minutes later Shaike Kamara, who gave Jack Baines a torrid time on the right wing, cut in from the right across the edge of the box before setting up Josh Jackson, who blasted a shot into the roof of the net to put Lordswood ahead.


On the quarter-hour a fine ball from Chan Quan sent Ellis Hutton away on the left.  The new signing, making his home debut, crossed for Kameiko Pope-Campbell whose drive was held.  Four minutes later the Deres defence was static as Jordan Samuel sent Kamara away and his cross from the byline set a second goal on a plate for Ogeah.


The pattern of a missed Deres chance followed by a Lords goal was repeated yet again as on 30 minutes Pope-Campbell played a lovely ball into the box for Hutton, whose volley altered the trajectory of the ball from goalbound to a yard wide.  Once more Lordswood came down the right through Kamara and Samuel, and the latter’s cross was deflected into his own net by the unfortunate George Jones.


Etame-Mbela had struggled to make an impression, but when he was about to be substituted on 40 minutes a bizarre incident arose.  He walked off the field of his own accord but was told to get back on in order to be subbed properly.  He came to blows with his own manager Owen Jones, and both were red-carded in an incident that seemed likely to make his comeback shortlived.


The second half opened with Deres holding their own but not looking like making inroads up front.  Instead Dan Teeley made his usual quota of impressive stops from Jackson and Luke Medley, getting down quickly to hold a low shot from the latter.  But for the second game running Deres conceded three goals in the last 20 minutes, and it was all down to the burly striker Medley.


In the 70th minute he was set up by Jackson from the right, turned and sent in a shot just wide of Teeley to make it 4-0.  Six minutes later it was Jackson once again feeding Medley who found the net from 8 yards.  The linesman was flagging for offside but the referee overruled him and gave the goal.  And on 84 minutes a defence-splitting ball from Emmanuel Maja put Medley in the clear, and Teeley had no chance as he completed a 15-minute hat-trick to end a miserable day for the Deres.


DERES: Teeley; Hill, Baines, Feudjio, Yembra, Jones, Ogunbiyi, Quan, Hutton (Workneh 72), Etame-Mbela, Pope-Campbell (Lusuku 61)

LORDS: Anibaba; Samuel, Fisher, Maja, McKinlay, Gillman, Kamara (Kuku 57), Taylor (Patterson 70), Medley, Ogeah (McKenzie 40), Jackson

Name Squad number Position Scored Assists Cards